Personal injuries can occur due to unsafe or defective products. This can result from faulty design, poor product testing, poor packaging or due to tampering. When unsafe products cause serious injury, they require aggressive legal representation. If you’ve been injured by an unsafe product, it’s important to seek legal guidance to protect your rights. When products sold to us are unsafe and cause injury, those responsible need to be held accountable in order to ensure that manufacturers and vendors are incentivized to put safety first.
In the case of unsafe or defective products, establishing liability is crucial to the success of a case. Liability means proving that someone else is at fault for causing your injury. This includes gathering witness information, taking photographs, reviewing historical and statistical data that might reveal other victims of the same defective product, reviewing repair logs, gathering information and documents from the manufacturers and sellers of the product and hiring a professional engineer to review the evidence and provide an assessment and expert opinion on liability.
If you’ve been injured by a defective product, it’s important that you speak with a dedicated personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Your lawyer will want to take immediate steps to preserve evidence and ensure that developments are properly documented from the very start. This is important because it can be difficult to gather evidence and prove your case after an extended period of time has passed. People’s memories fade with time and documents are lost. There are also strict limitation periods you need to be aware of which can severely restrict your right to recover compensation.
The types of claims available to victims of unsafe or defective products can include compensation for:
- your and your family’s pain and suffering
- loss of income, past and future, that you or a family member may suffer due to your injuries
- costs of medical rehabilitation, past and future, which include costs of:
- therapy such as physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage, etc.
- psychological counselling for the injured person and their family
- costs of care, past and future, which include costs of:
- modifying your home, car and work space
- re-training and education toward a different type of employment
- nursing/attendant care to assist with personal care tasks at home
- housekeeping and home maintenance
- assistive devices for your home, vehicle, workplace, etc.
- care for a dependent that you used to provide, such as a child, elderly parent, or a family member with special needs
- pet care
If you or a loved one is the victim of an unsafe or defective product, you need an experienced legal team by your side whose practice is dedicated to personal injury cases, a team that knows what it takes to secure full compensation.
We invite you to contact us and speak with one of our lawyers to learn more about the rights and options available to you. The road to recovery can be long and difficult, but knowing your future is protected by expert legal representation will provide peace of mind for you and your family.