– Slips & Falls, Trips & Falls
Fall injuries vary immensely in severity and type. The most serious can have permanent and devastating consequences.
If you’ve suffered serious injury in a fall, it’s important that you speak with a dedicated personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Your lawyer will want to take immediate steps to preserve evidence and ensure that developments are properly documented from the very start. This is important because it can be difficult to gather evidence and prove your case after an extended period of time has passed. People’s memories fade with time and documents are lost.
There are also deadlines and limitation periods you need to be aware of that can severely restrict your right to recover compensation. What you don’t know can cost you. One of our lawyers would be happy to speak with you, free of charge, to advise you of your options and what you should do to protect your rights.
Liability means proving that someone else is at fault for causing your injury. In fall cases, establishing liability can be a challenge. That’s why it’s critical to have the right lawyer and legal team by your side. In slip and fall cases, proving liability often requires the assistance of engineers or biomechanics experts. A dedicated personal injury lawyer will guide the process of gathering evidence such as weather data, photographs, measurements, maintenance logs and statements from those who have something to contribute, such as eyewitnesses.
If you’ve suffered a fall injury, you may be entitled to compensation. This compensation is normally paid by the at-fault party’s insurance company. Most property owners and property maintenance companies have liability insurance in place for this purpose, to protect them if their employees’ negligence causes someone to suffer injury.
If you’ve been injured in a fall, the types of claims you can make include compensation for:
- your and your family’s pain and suffering
- loss of income, past and future, that you or a family member may suffer due to your injuries
- costs of medical rehabilitation, past and future, which include costs of:
- therapy such as physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage, etc.
- psychological counselling for the injured person and their family
- costs of care, past and future, which include costs of:
- modifying your home, car and work space
- re-training and education toward a different type of employment
- nursing/attendant care to assist with personal care tasks at home
- housekeeping and home maintenance
- assistive devices for your home, vehicle, workplace, etc.
- care for a dependent that you used to provide, such as a child, elderly parent, or a family member with special needs
- pet care
If you’ve suffered a serious fall injury, you need an experienced legal team by your side whose practice is dedicated to personal injury cases and who understands what’s required for full compensation.
We invite you to contact us to speak with a lawyer and learn about the rights and options available to you. The road to recovery can be long and difficult, but knowing your future is protected by expert legal representation will provide peace of mind for you and your family.