- Have you been denied a short-term or long-term disability claim that you believe you are entitled to?
- Has your disability insurance company terminated your benefits before you’re ready to return to work?
- Are you overwhelmed by the complicated wording that your insurance company is using to deny your claims?
If any of the above apply to you, we understand the frustration, financial strain and overpowering sense of helplessness you might be experiencing. You don’t have to feel that way and you don’t have to fight the insurance company alone. We fight these battles every day on behalf of our disabled clients. Our disability lawyers will review your case, analyze the details of your situation and ensure that you receive all the benefits that you are entitled to.
Sometimes people aren’t aware of the disability benefits available to them through their employer, including short-term or long-term disability coverage. This coverage is designed to protect you from financial losses if you’re unable to work due to illness or disability. Unfortunately, sometimes insurance companies refuse to honour the terms of these insurance policies by denying claims or terminating benefits. That’s when you need a dedicated personal injury lawyer by your side.
If your disability claims have been denied or terminated before you’re able to return to work, there are important considerations that you should be aware of:
- There are important timelines and limitation periods that need to be followed. You should not assume that the disability insurance company will provide this information. Likewise, your employer’s human resources department may be unaware of these important deadlines or may fail to provide them.
- In most cases, you have the right to choose your treating medical rehabilitation providers even though the insurer pays for this treatment. And if you are not satisfied with the service providers that the insurer assigns to you, you have the right to select new providers.
- You have the right to not speak or meet with your insurance provider without a lawyer present to represent you.
An experienced disability lawyer can help you navigate all of these issues and relieve you of the burden of having to fight your insurance dispute alone.
If your short-term or long-term disability claim has been denied or terminated, or if you are concerned that you are not receiving all the benefits that you’re entitled to, contact us and speak with one of our disability insurance lawyers. You’ll benefit from a team of legal professionals by your side who stands ready to recover what’s rightfully yours.